Jump to Question:
Do I need to pre-wash my Buttons cloth diapers?
We recommend that you wash and dry your diaper inserts (not covers) a few times before use.
Washing & Drying your diapers before use is commonly called “prepping” your diapers, and will make the material more absorbent.
Prepping varies depending upon the material of your diapers.
STAY-DRY MICROFIBER & COTTON
For Stay-Dry Microfiber inserts & Cotton prefolds or flats:
3 or 4 wash and dry cycles
HEMP & BAMBOO
For inserts & prefolds containing hemp & bamboo:
7 or 8 wash and dry cycles
How should I wash my Buttons cloth diapers?
This is our recommended wash routine:
- Remove solids into toilet. (We highly recommend purchasing a diaper sprayer.)
- Separate cover from insert before washing.
- Put covers, inserts, wet bags and/or pail liners in washing machine together.
- Run a cold rise cycle to rinse away the yuckies.
- Wash warm with detergent. (120°F or 49°C is best) Original Tide Powder or additive-free detergent is recommended.
- Tumble dry on medium. If you dry covers in the dryer, be sure to allow them to cool before handling or it could stretch the elastics. We highly recommend air-drying your diaper covers to prolong their life. It is best to fold covers over the drying line or rack to release tension from the elastics.
Have a question that isn't listed here?
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions and we will get back to you asap!